Monday, April 23, 2007

4:17


4:17, originally uploaded by stevegarfield.

This is the first picture I took with the Nikon D80.

I've been a Canon camera person for a long time. I've had a Canon S400 and a Digital Rebel. I figured there was no reason to change brands in mid stream.

I'm intrigued by the Nikon N80. I wouldn't have decided to try it out myself, but Nikon sent me this one to evaluate.

Just because they sent me this camera doesn't mean I won't say negative things against it. I'll just be honest and transparent in my thoughts.

OK, here's a negative. The manual explains how to push two buttons to format the memory card. That wasn't working for me. After pressing those buttons a few times I figured out that the memory card came pre-formatted.

The first thing that stands out is the nice sound of the shutter. Sweet.

I'll have to go back and listen when my Digital Rebel takes a picture.

No comments: